10/14/2010

Autumn Leftover Soup

I now it´s a while ago since I posted my last recipe.
Today I want to share with you a Lentil-Pumpkin-Soup.
I used some leftover lentils and half of a roasted pumpkin we had the day before.
Find the whole recipe of this heartwarming meal after the jump.


Lentil-Pumpkin-soup

(serves 2)

Prepare the pumpkin:
You will need half of a small pumpkin, I used a Gorgonzola Pumpkin,
but I am sure Hokkaido or Butternut for example will work as well.
Cut it into small slices and set it in an oven safe dish. I remove the peel after roasting, it´s easier then.
 Make a marinade out of pepper, salt, chilli,vegetable oil, maybe some thyme and some brown sugar
 and cover the pumpkin well with that mixture. 
Bake at 200°C for about 35 – 45 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.

Prepare the lentils:
Chop 1 small onion, 1 small carrot and if you have, 
1 small parsley root and 1 garlic clove in tiny squares.
 Sauté everything in a pot for 5 til 8 minutes until the onions are soft.
 Add 50 g lentils (I prefer the little black ones, Belugas for example, red lentils will work for that wonderfully aswell) 
and stir them for one minute. Add 150 ml hot broth and 1 laurel leaf,
close the lid and let the lentils softly cook until tender.
 Do not add salt in the beginning, otherwise the paring won´t get soft.
 When the lentils are tender add pepper, salt and a sip of dark balsamico or red wine vinegar.

Now remove the peel of the baked pumpkin and the laurel leaf and put the pumpkin and the lentils in a mixer.
 Add about 150 ml hot broth and mix until you like the texture.
Put everything back in a pot and add about 100 ml Coconut cream. Reheat it, but do not let cook.
You can add some more broth or coconut cream if you want to.
 Season the soup with ginger and cinnamon and add some curcuma, if you like, to create a nicer color.
Like always, I know, that I am not very precise, so please feel free to ask, if somethings is not clear! And please excuse my poor English…

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen